CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, June 30, 2008

Bad blogger, bad, bad blogger

I know, I know, I'm a bad blogger. But I have been crazy busy lately. I made slip covers for our couch and an over sized chair w/ ottoman, (that we just got from my aunt and uncle). I love the way they turned out. I will post pics just as soon as the hubby shows me how to put them on the computer off the new camera.

I have also been working on my yard as much as possible when the weather lets me. I know a lot of y'all are getting these same crappy rain storms that we are. The good news....the rain is helping our grass grow, the bad news.......the rain is making the grass grow. I'm getting sick of cutting the freaking grass, not to mention it costs a small fortune because of gas prices. But if we don't cut it every weekend I'm afraid I might loose one of my kids out there.

The hubby got rid of our dogs. It broke his heart, but they had no kind of life stuck on a chain all the time. And they really didn't get a lot of attention except when they got fed. Now the hubby lets the chickens run around our back yard in the evenings after he gets home from work. It's true redneck entertainment watching the chickens run around chasing each other. Again, I promise pictures...soon.

Well, it's late, I'm going to bed.....'night all!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I remember the days of chickens in the back yard. How fun! Except when our dog ate the majority of them and buried them all. I remember crying so hard for those poor fellas.

We have to mow every weekend too. Ugh.

Slipcovers--you're quite the handy-woman!

Michelle said...

I can't wait to see pics of your new slipcovers! Aren't you just the crafty gal? LOL. I'm wanting to make curtains for Andres' room and one for our basement stairs (kind of like a closet door/curtain)...the a/c goes down there and it's not necessary. We're just loosing it all as if we left the windows open!
I understand you being busy...just blog when you can or want too. We'll keep checking back.
Chickens in the backyard? This I gotta see! That would be too cool! Are ya'll raising them for food?

This is Me. said...

I love it....the chickens....watching them chase each other....LOL! I can't wait to see it myself one day....good times ahead! What a hoot!
You are so talented....you made slip covers....who knew, you would be such a good country gal back in the day...good for you.
Me, I am all city and I love it!!
xoxo