CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, September 2, 2008

So far so good, and maybe bad

Well, we came through the storm okay. We mainly got a lot of wind and rain. Lots and lots of rain. They kept the schools closed today, since they had used some of them for shelters, but they will be open tomorrow. Yeah, I'm soooo glad the kids will be back at school tomorrow. My house needs to be cleaned bad after this 4 day weekend, lol.
Thanks y'all for your comments, it is so appreciated. It does help get me through the rough days knowing that I have an outlet here, and so many awesome women that I can share with.

Tomorrow after I take the short people to school I will be going over to the hospital to spend the day with my Mom and a couple of Aunts, ( and who knows who else). My Uncle is having surgery to unblock the arteries in his neck and a major artery to his kidneys. It's very dangerous surgery and they are not sure what his chances are for even making it through the surgery. The doctors said that they were surprised he hadn't had a stroke or heart attack yet. I have a step-cousin-in-law, ( what a mouthful), that is a critical care nurse. She said she believes the reason they did not do the surgery right away, (last week), was to give him time with his family in case he does not make it. So it really doesn't sound good. If y'all would, please keep them in your prayers. I have a feeling it's going to be a long, scary day.

Thanks again. I will post again as soon as I can and let y'all know how everything goes.

4 comments:

adymommy said...

Sorry about your uncle sending prayer and positive thoughts his way. Glad to hear the storm was nice to you.

Good luck today!

This is Me. said...

You Uncle is in my thoughts and prayers....Glad you didn't get hit too hard from the storm...hurry back we'll miss you! xoxo

Anonymous said...

I am glad your uncle made it through ok. I am usually in cases like this at work...they can be tedious for the doctor, and stressful at times. I wish him a speedy recovery. I was in a case today where the patient's left carotid artery was blocked 95%, it makes me wonder how these people are still alive!!

Ann(ie) said...

Thinking of you, love. Prayers en route for your uncle. xo.