So it's been like a month since I've posted.....I guess it's about time to update this thing.
I've made a new friend at the school, but I'm not sure how friendly I want to be. Her daughter is in Bugs class and they have become friends. The Mom on the other hand...she's a nice person, but a little on the pushy side. You know , one of those kind of people who doesn't have many friends because they just try WAY to hard? Yeah, like that. After she flipped out over a minor issue at the school and went to the school board, I've been trying to keep my distance without being rude. I didn't think the issue was a big deal and didn't want to get involved in the action she felt she needed to take-although she did try to get me to go to the school board with her. I didn't want to "rock the boat" when I am standing in the middle of it. I do want to be able to continue working up there, and wasn't going to jeopardise that over something so minor.
K-bugs birthday was a week ago yesterday. I had a party for her in her class room, (really all I did was take in some cupcakes, drinks, and gift bags), which she really enjoyed. Then on Friday night we had my parents over for dinner, cake, and presents.
I worked in her class Monday and Tuesday of this week. I love working in the K-4 room. Her teacher and I really get along well and have a good time when I'm there.
Remember the finger I smashed that I talked about in my last post? Well I tried to cut the end of it off last week. My Mom gave me some 4x4 tin tiles that she had left over after installing a back splash in her kitchen. I decided to install them behind my stove.My Mom warned me to "be careful, there sharp". There is a warning with the tiles-"handle with care, sharp edges". And I really was careful, but my hand slipped anyway, and I cut a nice, deep gash in my finger. I had to call my neighbor to bandage it for my. At least I didn't need stitches. So in three months I have managed to drop a huge tool box on my foot, smash and now cut my finger. What's next? Maybe soon my husband will realize how accident prone I am and start helping out more. Yeah, right!
So all this and the normal daily demand of 3 kids and house work and Saturday football, (Go Alabama, Roll Tide!!!), have been keeping me busy.
Tuesday evening brought bad news-my aunt M, my Dad's sister, has been going through chemo for her second go round with breast cancer. She ended up in the hospital a couple of weeks ago, after a few days they sent her home. She went back to the hospital last week, and by the way she was acting we suspected the cancer had spread. They got the test results yesterday. She's completely eaten up with cancer. I'm so worried about her, and how much time she might have left. I'm worried about my Dad, and how he's going to handle it. And there are so many other issues mixed in that I can't even get into, because it would take forever. The short version involves their other siblings and forgiveness before it's too late. All I can do now is pray.






2 comments:
Yea you're back!!!I am so sorry about your finger. I do like those backsplash tiles--very modern!!
Roll tide?? Well, I will forgive you for that one. lol
It's hard to keep your distance from people like that. Hopefully she won't take every little thing to the school board the rest of the year.
I am so glad you are back...I missed you and was about to send out the hounds after ya!
I am sorry to hear about your Aunt...that is such a horrible thing to go through. I have been there a few times.
I hope things on the homefront are going okay - you have been on my mind.
Keep posting, it makes me smile!
xoxo
Post a Comment