Okay, so I am kinda bummed. I turned 32 a few days ago. No big deal, just another day. I am fine with it. The problem is the fact that it wasn't a big deal with really anyone. My husband, my friends. Nada, zip, nothing. Hubby got off easy, I found a pair of shoes I liked, he told me to buy them and they would be from him. At least he did remember to tell me Happy Birthday that morning and remind the kids to say it to before he left for work. And at least my parents made it a point to try to make it a special day, out to lunch with mom and a dozen roses from dad, but that was about it. Really I know it should not be a big deal. I know my friends have a lot of stuff going on in their own lives, it just nice to be thought of now and then. It would have been nice if it could have a least been a little bit important to my best friend, but she is now to busy dating my brother-in-law. I don't know why, but this really bugs me. Them dating. I have never been bothered by his other girl friends, (except for the fact that I just didn't like most of them), and I was okay with her last boy friend, (except he was kinda weird). But the two of them together is just uh! I don't even know how to put it into words. I guess I just miss hanging out with her, like she doesn't have time for me unless he's not around. And it is effecting his and hubbys friendship too. They are usually best friends as well as brothers, But now all his time is spent with her. Oh well, what can ya do?, they are both adults, even though they don't always act like it. And, (okay this is rude, but), it probably won't last any way. In the mean time, maybe I just need to find a new best friend.
Unexpected Sacraments
7 years ago






2 comments:
Happy Belated birthday!!
I have so so sooooo tried to never ever set up any of my girlfriends with either of my brothers over the years. You just know when it doesn't last, it'll kill the friendship. :-(
Thankyou for the b-day greeting. I completely agree about setting people up. That why I had no part in them getting together. They knew each other through us but that was it. At least I thought so until they ran into each other out one night and ended up hooking up. I would've never dreamed they would have gotten together. I didn't think she was even his type.
Post a Comment