okay, so I was watching the news a little while ago and this news story just blew me away. You can read about it here http://www.wkrg.com/. I mean it has been a year and a half since Katrina blew away the gulf coast and these poor people are still having to deal with this bureaucratic b.s. It is just unreal. Haven't they been through enough? Shouldn't our government be helping with the process of them get their lives back? Instead of rolling out more red tape.
Katrina was the scariest hurricane I have ever been through. Of course I have only been living in the south for like 14 years. We were very blessed to only have a little damage. In the end all we needed was a new roof, which our insurance paid for. I can't imagine what life must be like for the people along the coast of Mississippi, and even in some parts of Alabama still. But it's not New Orleans, so the rest of the country doesn't even hear about it any more. Not that I don't feel bad for the people of New Orleans, because I do feel for them. But they are not the only ones who lost their homes and way of life. People all along the gulf coast are still suffering too.
Okay so that was my rant for the night. Now for something fun. This is from an e-mail I got from a friend and I thought it was so cute that I just had to share...
This is Priceless!
When I'm an old lady, I'll live with each kid,
And bring so much happiness...just as they did.
I want to pay back all the joy they've provided.
Returning each deed! Oh, they'll be so excited!
(When I'm an old lady and live with my kids)
I'll write on the wall with reds, whites and blues,
And I'll bounce on the furniture...wearing my shoes.
I'll drink from the carton and then leave it out.
I'll stuff all the toilets and oh, how they'll shout!
(When I'm an old lady and live with my kids)
When they're on the phone and just out of reach,
I'll get into things like sugar and bleach.
Oh, they'll snap their fingers and then shake their head,
(When I'm an old lady and live with my kids)
When they cook dinner and call me to eat,
I'll not eat my green beans or salad or meat,
I'll gag on my okra, spill milk on the table,
And when they get angry...I'll run...if I'm able!
(When I'm an old lady and live with my kids)
I'll sit close to the TV, through the channels I'll click,
I'll cross both eyes just to see if they stick.
I'll take off my socks and throw one away,
And play in the mud 'til the end of the day!
(When I'm an old lady and live with my kids)
And later in bed, I'll lay back and sigh,
I'll thank God in prayer and then close my eyes.
My kids will look down with a smile slowly creeping,
And say with a groan, "She's so sweet when she's sleeping!"
God Bless All Moms and Grandmas and Great Grandmas Everywhere!
Unexpected Sacraments
7 years ago






2 comments:
I know exactly what you mean about the hassles you go through after a natural disaster.
I live in Enterprise.
Nuff said, right!
I like that little poem.
I plan on being that way someday in the not too distant future! *LOL*
Thanks for visiting my blog. :)
I didn't know that most people are still dealing with the aftermath of Katrina! You're right...the media only tells us what they want us to hear. How sad. I don't know if some of those people who were affected along the coast will ever be able to get back on their feet.
I loved your poem! I'm going to save it to my hard drive and pass it along on Mother's Day. Thanks for sharing.
Thanks for visiting my blog too. Any friend of Lisa's is a friend of mine. :) Hope that you'll stop back again...I'll be stopping by here again most def.!!
Post a Comment